Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Way She Shimmers

During the holidays, it always seems pretty frocks are plentiful in stores, each anxiously waiting to be plucked from the rack and claimed by a lovely lady for wear during the various parties of the season.

And of all the events during the holidays, New Year's Eve provides a perfect reason to don one of the numerous dresses vying for a chance in the spotlight; there are beautiful metallic numbers that glisten and glow.



Sophie Hexter- Stylist


L: Temperley London. R: Badgley Mischka- Platinum Label.

L: Temeperly London. R: See by Chloe
L: Matthew Williamson. R: Philosophy di Alberta Ferreti.

Jewel-toned dresses glisten and shine next to black beauties that dazzle with embellishments. With so many choices and only one New Year's Eve each year, it's always difficult to decide what dress should get its chance to sparkle.



Linda Nova- Stylist

Linda Nova- Stylist


L: ModCloth. R: Yoana Baraschi.

L: Anna Sui. R: Rachel Gilbert.

L: Rachel Gilbert. R: Alberta Ferretti.

While I'd adore the chance to throw on any of the gorgeous options above, this year, I'll be rocking a black, one-shouldered number as I welcome the new year. How about you? If you're heading out this New Year's Eve, what made your cut?

9 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Happy New Year to you Courtney!
Enjoy the festivities!
Leslie

Jane Flanagan said...

Such a beautiful round-up. I hope you enjoy today and have a very Happy New Year!!

Jane
xx

Anonymous said...

I adore the sparkly Badgley Mischka dress - that would be my #1 pick. Hope you have a Happy New Year, Courtney.

All the best in 2010 and thank you for your support in 2009.

Jena.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Happy New Year! Wish I had somewhere fun to wear one of these dreses!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

Any of these options would be amazing!

Fri at WEDDING NOUVEAU said...

A Happy New Year to you...looking forward to your posts in 2010.

Heather Taylor said...

These dresses are such fun! I have one very similar to the Anna Sui...great selections!

Courtney said...

he he - I stayed in this year; however if I had gone out I would have loved to don the Anna Sui LBD. So pretty.

Hope your NYE was magical.

karey m. said...

you've got some style, kid. your posts always thrill me.